Golf Betting in Australia
In the past, the game of golf was considered a gentleman’s game and did not garner much attention from the betting public. With the arrival of sporting greats such as Gary Player and Tiger Woods, the game has transformed into an international betting sensation. With Tiger Woods become a sporting superstar, the modern game of golf has attracted the attention of millions of international sport fans. Today competitive golf betting is one of the biggest betting markets in Australia. With both major and minor tournaments being played every week, punters can be guaranteed a host of exciting betting opportunities.
In online golf betting, there are many types of bets a punter can make from the most basic to complicated prop bets. A list of basic golf bets is shown below:
- Outright win Bet – Best suited for the novice punter, this is where a bettor chooses a player they think will win the tournament. Since it’s quite difficult to pick tournament winners, the odds can be very enticing.
- Head to Head bet – These are simple and fun bets to make. For each head to head bet, two players are pitted against each other. The punter has to decide who will have the better finish. Often, the players in a head to head bet are based on the pairings for the final two days of a tournament.
- 3 Ball Bet – During the first two rounds of most golf tournaments, players go out in groups of three. A 3 Ball bet is a wager on which of the three players in a grouping will have the best round for a specific day.
For the more seasoned punter, golf betting also offers a number of prop bets. These are bets that require a great deal of knowledge of the game. Player history and previous tournament statistics are just some of the information needed for prop bets and its always a good idea to learn more by reading leading sports betting guides. Some of the more typical golf prop bets include:
- Over/under – This is a bet on how many tournaments a player will win during a season.
- A bet on which player will finish the year with higher rankings?
- A bet on which player will score an eagle during the current tournament?
- Top 10 finish – Betting on if a player will finish in the top 10
- Top 5 finish – Betting on if a player will finish in the top 5
- A bet on if a player score a hole in one at the tournament
- A bet on which nationality the winner will be.
- What will be the lowest round
- A bet on if there will be a playoff
|1||4.9/5||100% Match Bonus|| Bet now|
Golfing Majors Betting
Golf betting is an exciting betting market that caters to both the novice and experience punter. The four major torments of the year are the Masters Tournament, the U.S. Open Championship, the Open Championship, and PGA Championship. With many other smaller tournaments happening throughout the year, golf punters are truly spoilt for choice. If you are keen to try your hand at golf betting but don’t know where to start, you can start right here. For your convenience we have created a list of Australia’s top online bookmakers. Click on any of the links to get started and enter the thrilling world of golf betting!