Darts Betting for Aussie Punters
In Australia, the game of darts is hardly considered to be a major competitive sport. Many people are unfamiliar with the rules and are unaware of the international competitions that take place almost every week. In truth darts is a fiercely competitive sport, similar to tennis and squash. In darts, individual player’s battle for supremacy in a game that is as much about mental dominance as it is about skill and talent. It is hardly surprising that online darts betting has become increasingly popular in online betting sites around the world. With more games being televised or streamed live, Australian punters can take advantage of the fast growing betting market.
For those punters who are unfamiliar with darts betting, the best way to start is to learn the types of darts bets that can be placed by reading some of the leading sports betting guides. There are a quite a number of darts bets that can be placed in darts starting from the easy win/lose bets all the way to the more exotic type of darts bets. A basic list of the most commonly found darts bets are shown below:
- Outright Winner – Prior to the start of tournament you can select which player you think will win the tournament.
- Match Betting – This is where you simply select which player you think will win match.
- Highest 3 Dart Average – Betting on which player will have the highest three dart average in a match.
- First 180 – In darts betting, you can bet on which placer will score the first 180.
- Most 180s – You can bet on which player will score the most 180s throughout the period of the match.
- Highest Double Percentage – You can bet on which player has the highest double percentage of the match. This is worked out by amount of darts thrown at a double by the number of those darts which hit a double.
- 9 Dart Finishes – You can choose to bet if there will be a 9 dart finish or not.
|1||5/5||100% Match Bonus|| Bet now|
|2||4.9/5||Login to see promotions|| Bet now|
What to Know Before Making Darts Bets
For beginners, betting on an outright winner is a good starting point. But before any darts bets can be placed, a punter should become familiar with the player he is backing. Like any sport, in darts betting a punter should know the history and winning statistics of the player in question. Whether the player is in form, on a winning streak or has won/lost their last 5 games. Attention should be paid to the home ground advantage and the current mental and physical health of each player.
Darts Betting – Where to Start
Darts is a game most Australians can enjoy. The rules for the game are fairly simple and can be learned within a few minutes. The fast paced action and drama of the game draws spectators and punters alike. Online darts betting is a great betting market that is fast and fun. With matches happening almost every week, punters can use darts as the perfect fun darts betting opportunity to increase their winnings. If you want to get started betting on darts, you are in luck. Right here is where you’ll find all the best Australian online bookmakers ready and waiting for your punt.